In the process of switching and ditching our shower, I just ran out of shaving cream and decided to make this next.
The problem with traditional shaving creams and gels is that they’re often made with toxic ingredients that can damage the skin and cause a host of other issues, entering through your body when your pores are open and vulnerable.
Shaving creams are filled with propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, emulsifiers, and artificial fragrances. These are items we want to stay away from. The shaving cream I make is so creamy and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth.
Your skin is worth the switch!
This is what you'll need:
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Shea Butter
1/4 Cup Almond Oil (Can be substituted but I love how Almond Oil makes my skin smooth)
10-20 Drop Essential Oil (I used orange but its your choice!)
Double Boiler or Microwave
Glass Jars to store
1. Weigh out Coconut Oil and Shea Butter and melt. Can be melted on stove or in microwave.
2. Once fully melted add in Almond Oil and stir.
3. Set in refrigerator until the mixture is firm.
4. Take out of refrigerator when firm and add in essential oils. Use mixer for 2-3 minutes until whipped.
5. Scoop into glass jars and store in cool dry area and out of direct sunlight.
Please let me know if you enjoyed this recipe!